Hanover, Jamaica (McN) – Three families were left homeless following three separate fires in Hanover, which grazed through their homes in Green Island during Monday night into Tuesday morning.
Several angry residents from Santoy, Hanover are now lashing out at the Jamaica Public Service Company (JPS). The residents say all three fires were believed to have been cause by the JPS faulty wires and electrical malfunction.
The first concrete and board structured house which is owned by Mr Stafford Morris and his wife was seen
on fire about 6:30 pm on Monday; while the second and third dwelling were discovered on fire about 4:00 am on Tuesday morning.
Three units from the Lucea Fire Department traveled to the area, and managed to put out the blaze on all three
We want to hear from you, contact the editor Here for correction of this news. Be a volunteer Mckoy's News Community Journalist: contact us with news in your community, events, and opinion articles - be our eyes in the street, contact firstname.lastname@example.org or WhatsApp 1-876-353-1389 today.
Two of the houses were combined concrete and board structured. The third house was of single board structure. The families mentioned that they lost all their personal belongings in the fire, as their homes were burnt to the ground.
Read More: Jamaica News Today, Western Jamaica Crime, Western Jamaica News, Court News, Headline News, Business, Dear Mckoy
Councilor for the Green Island Division Marvel Sewell stated that he is now calling on the Jamaica Public Service to come to the area immediately. He Sewell beckons the JPS to address this grave problem; before more houses are destroyed by fire or fatality occur due to the damaged electric wires.
Please Scroll Down to Comment