Petrice Porteous Found Dead, Petrice Porteous Boyfriend

Father of Hanover Gunman Linked to Petrice Porteous Death House Set on Fire

Henry Bucknor Mckoy's News Crime Investigator

Jamaica News, April 18, 2018 – Father of Hanover Gunman Linked to Petrice Porteous Death House Set on Fire

Hanover, Jamaica (McKoy’s News) – Fire said to be the work of Arsonist and which left damages estimated in the regions of over $3 million, completely destroyed a two-storey dwelling house in the community of Mount Peace District in Lucea, Hanover, on Wednesday morning of April 18.

The Lucea Fire Department say they were summoned to the scene about 5:46 a.m. and one unit responded.  They further stated that when they reached the dwelling house it was already engulfed into flames and partially all the contents were completely destroyed.

Related Stories on Petrice Porteous

The house is said to be owned by Mr Face Muir, otherwise called “Mr Chin” and he is said to be the father of Gawayne Muir, one of the two gunmen who were fatally shot by the police in Lucea, Hanover on Thursday night, April 5.  An illegal firearm was also said to have been recovered from the gunmen.

The Lucea police have now indicated that the Fire was the work of arsonists and also believe to be an act of reprisal for the killing of Petrice Porteous, the 21-year-old mother, whose decomposed body was found in a shallow grave in the area several weeks ago.

Gawayne Muir otherwise called “Brodie” was said to be the prime suspect in the death of the female prior to him been fatally shot.  The other gunman was identified as Nicholas Scarlett also of Mountain Peace District in Lucea.

Investigators have reported that shortly after 10:00 p.m. on Thursday, a team of officers were on Patrol at a section of Kew District in Lucea when they saw the three men travelling in a motor vehicle along a section of roadway.  The lawmen further stated that they signaled the driver to stop,  but instead of complying,  the men jumped from the vehicle and opened fire at the police.

The fire was returned and the two men were shot. They were later discovered suffering from gunshot wounds and were transported to the Noel Holmes Hospital where they were pronounced dead.

A 9 mm semi-automatic pistol loaded with several live rounds was taken from one of the men.

It has also been disclosed that several other family members of the slain gunmen has since fled the community of Mount Peace including the mother who was also taken into custody prior to the discovery of Porteous body.

Leave a Reply