Montego Bay Police Uncover Identity of Murdered Pushcart Man
Jamaica Crime News, Montego Bay: The Freeport police say they have now uncovered the identity of an unidentified male who is said to be a pushcart man. He was stabbed and shot to death by two men in the vicinity of Upper Barnett Lane and River Bay Road on Saturday afternoon, April 28.
The lawmen gave the name of the victim as 49-year-old Maurice Edwards of Woodland District in Great River Hanover.
Reports are that shortly after 4:30 p.m. on Saturday, Edwards was walking from the directions of the Charles Gordon Market towards Upper Barnett Lane.
On reaching the vicinity of River Bay Road and Barnett Lane, Edwards was approached by the two men with whom he had an argument.
One of the men reportedly brandished a handgun while the other pulled a knife. The men stabbed and shot Edwards to the upper regions of his body.
Edwards was transported to the Cornwall Regional Hospital where he was pronounced dead.
This latest murder is being investigated by Detectives attached to the Barnett Street and Freeport Police Station.
By Henry Bucknor
- Mavado’s Daughter Spèaks Out After Brother Gót Chàrged!!
- Mom Gunned Down Allegedly Told Son Sorry About Die
- Still no School at Anchovy Primary Following Death of 9-year-old Student
- Shenseea DlSS Her BABY Daddy On Fathers Day | FootaHype Baby Mother Says “ChiId SUPP0RT
- Shocking “Tell All” of a Montego Bay Prostitute