Jamaica News: Prime Minister Andrew Holness has been specially invited to attend the G20 Summit in Buenos Aires, Argentina and a Special Oceans Summit in Oslo, Norway following his successful historic presentation at the outreach session of the just concluded G7 Summit in Charlevoix, Canada.
Prime Minister Holness who returned to the island yesterday evening was specially invited by the Argentine President, The Most Excellent Mauricio Macri and Her Excellency Erna Solberg, Prime Minister of Norway.
The Prime Minister held several bilateral meetings during his official working visit in Canada.
The Prime Minister held talks with:
- Her Excellency Erna Solberg, Prime Minister of Norway
- His Excellency Uhuru Kenyatta President of Kenya
- Madame Christine Lagarde, Managing Director of the International Monetary Fund
- Kristalina Georgieva, Chief Executive Officer of the World Bank
- The Most Excellent Mauricio Macri, President of Argentina
- Jose Angel Gurria, Secretary General of the Organisation for Economic Cooperation and Development
Prime Minister Holness explored deepening cooperation on trade, agriculture and air services with President Kenyatta of Kenya.
The Prime Minister is also seeking to increase technical assistance for the Caribbean Maritime University (CMU) with Norway. The Government of Norway has given partner assistance to CMU at its inception. Both Prime Ministers Holness and Solberg also explored collaboration on research on fisheries and ocean resources.
Prime Minister Holness also explored ways of strengthening cooperation in agriculture with Argentina and cementing advocacy regarding climate change and Small Island Developing States (SIDS).
Source: JIS News