Fire Scare at Grange Hill Health Clinic

15 people loses their house
Share on facebook
Share on twitter
Share on whatsapp
Share on facebook
Facebook
Share on twitter
Twitter
Share on whatsapp
WhatsApp

Jamaica News, Westmoreland: A small fire which is said to have been caused by electrical shortage resulted in minor damages to the inside of the Grange Hill Health Clinic in Grange Hill, Westmoreland on Tuesday, June 5, 2018.

During an interview with Raymond D’Souza, Superintendent in Charge of the Westmoreland Fire Department, he said they were informed that a resident of Grange Hill saw smoke coming from an inside section of the Health Clinic and raised an alarm.

The Fire Department received the call in the latter stages of Tuesday afternoon and responded immediately with one unit.

On reaching the scene they discovered that it was more smoke than fire coming from the building.  They swiftly attacked the blaze which was extinguished in a matter of minutes. A small section of the inside was affected by the fire, which after investigating, was discovered that the fire started from a small electrical fan which was left activated and seems to have overheated and burst into flames.

Nurses at the Grange Hill Health Clinic and residents of the community told our news team that they commend the swift actions of the firefighters who worked swiftly to ensure that the building was saved.

 

 

By: Henry Bucknor

Send us your feedback, news items, community sports or events, real life stories, Dear McKoy, photos and/or videos to WhatsApp 1-876-353-1389 Or Email [email protected]

Great Ads Deal – Advertise With Us

The ultimate diary of confessions.: Volume 1 Book

Related Posts

Recent Posts

The ultimate diary of confessions.: Volume 1 Book