The Western Regional Health Authority (a Statutory Body under the Ministry of Health) is currently seeking to fill the position of Deputy Director of Nursing Services for the Falmouth Public General Hospital. Reporting to the Director of Nursing Services, the incumbent will be responsible for assisting with the general management of the nursing services department within the hospital.
- Assisting the Director of Nursing services in the planning, organizing and delegating of nursing functions to ensure effective and efficient delivery of client care
- Assisting with the preparation of the yearly budget to ensure adequate staff and equipment are available
- Supervising, evaluating and reviewing employee performance
- Assisting in preparing statistical reports for the Ministry of Health
- Participating in the planning and implementation of In-service education sessions.
- Participating in the orientation of new nursing staff
- Investigating critical incidents and complaints and takes appropriate action as is required
- Coordinating activities of the various units, promoting and maintaining harmonious relationships among nursing personnel
Qualification & Experience:
- Bachelors Degree in General Nursing from an accredited institution or its equivalent
- Certificate in Advance Nursing Administration and Midwifery
- Minimum of six (6) years management experience
- Registration and currently licence with the Nursing Council of Jamaica in General Nursing and Midwifery
Specific Knowledge/Skills Required:
- Excellent clinical nursing skills
- Excellent leadership and management skills
- Excellent decision making and critical thinking skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Working knowledge of Human Resource Management and Industrial Relations policies and procedures
NB: Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.