Wadadah Wins Super League
Jamaica Sports News, Montego Bay: Longtime football team from Montego Bay, “Wadadah” were crowned Champions of the Charley’s JB Rum sponsored “Western Super League” football contest. They defeated early favorites “Faukland FC” 6-5 on penalties.
Both teams played to a full time and extra time 1-1 draw. For the win, “Wadadah” collects $200,000 and earned the rights to be one of four teams in the “National Premier League” competition to seek qualification for top-flight football.
The leading goal scorer award goes to Renaldo Mcleish of “Faukland FC” with 11 goals. The MVP awards went to Obrian Robinson of “Wadadah”, he got a trophy plus $10,000. Faukland won the Fairplay Award and Daniel Ricketts was the Champion Coach.
The match was played at Jarrett Park in Montego Bay and saw several hundred patrons who turned out to a packed venue for the longest while. They were a lot of giveaways courtesy of the sponsor Charley’s JB Rum.
By Alan Lewin
- Viewer Discretion Advised: Graphic Photos of Tragic Hopewell Accident
- Hanover: Two of Five Hopewell Motor Vehicle Accident Victims
- Jordane Fletcher: Former Reggae Boy Striker Critical in Hospital after Involvement in Negril Accident
- Muta says Tommy Lee Sparta should get “Bun-out more than the gays”
- One of Two Gunmen Fatally Shot in Westmoreland