Top Five Most Wanted Guns in Jamaica behind 92 Shootings and 58 Murders
Jamaica News, February 8, 2018
Montego Bay, Jamaica (McKoy’s News) – Top Five Most Wanted Guns: The Ministry of National Security has revealed that the top five most wanted illegal firearms in Jamaica are linked to a total of 92 shooting incidents which resulted in 58 murders.
This was made known by the Minister of National Security, Hon Robert Montague, who addressed stakeholders in Montego Bay, St James.
According to the Minister, a total of 859 illegal guns were seized across Jamaica last year and of this large total, only 112 had a ballistic history.
What this means is that the vast majority of the illegal firearms seized are new to Jamaica.
This he says is a very serious problem because it has also being discovered that these top five illegal weapons which are behind these 92 shootings and 58 murders, miraculously turned up in seven police divisions across the Island.
This clearly shows that these five guns were either being used to commit murder by contract killers or they are being rented.
Minister Montague stated that this is a grave challenge that is facing the nation and all we can do as a people is to encourage persons to avoid a life of crime.
Photo unrelated: McKoy’s News file photo
- Viewer Discretion Advised: Graphic Photos of Tragic Hopewell Accident
- 4 of 5 Victims in Fatal Hopewell Crash Identified
- Hanover: At Least 5 Persons Confirmed Dead in Hopewell Traffic Accident
- Hanover: Two of Five Hopewell Motor Vehicle Accident Victims
- Jordane Fletcher: Former Reggae Boy Striker Critical in Hospital after Involvement in Negril Accident