Suspect Released from Hospital and Charged with Murder of Trelawny Businesswoman

Share on facebook
Share on twitter
Share on whatsapp
Share on facebook
Share on twitter
Share on whatsapp

Jamaica Crime News, Trelawny: The Trelawny police have confirmed that the second suspect in connection with the shooting death of a Trelawny businesswoman on Friday, November 2, has now been released from hospital and officially charged with murder.

He has been identified as 29-year-old, Tio Shaw, laborer of Tower Hill district, also in St James.

The police say Shaw was released from hospital on Saturday, December 1, and questioned in the presence of his Attorney, Chuma Paris on Tuesday, December 4, followed by which he was charged with the murder of 50-year-old Jacqueline Cargill-Gardner, businesswoman of Florence Hall in Trelawny.

Another accused who has been identified as 26-year-old Levaughn  “Bulby” Williams,  laborer of Falmouth and Albert Town address, was also charged in connection with the same incident over a week ago, and 30-year-old Phillip Grinnion, laborer of 2nd Street in Albion, James, who is said to be the crony of both accused,  was fatally shot by a licensed firearm holder during the incident.

Reports by the Falmouth police are that about 4:40 p.m. on Friday, Cargill-Gardner who operated a Car Alignment and Car Wash along Four Shore Road in Falmouth was at her business establishment when three men forced their way inside her office, brandished handguns and then opened fire hitting the businesswoman multiple times to her upper body.

While in the process of making an escape from the scene, the gunmen were challenged by a licensed firearm holder, and during the exchange of gunfire two of the gunmen, who were identified to be Shaw and Grinnion, were shot.

They then fled the scene into a nearby swamp and residents in the area alerted the police.

Upon arrival of the lawmen, Cargill-Gardner was transported to the Falmouth Hospital, where she was pronounced dead.

The police carried out a search of the swamp, Grinnion and Shaw were found suffering from gunshot wounds.

A Smith and Wesson 9mm pistol loaded with two live rounds was taken from Grinnion. The third man managed to elude the police.

They were both transported to the Falmouth hospital, where Grinnion was pronounced dead, and Shaw admitted in serious condition.

Williams whose name was released as a person of Interest, later turned himself over to the police in the company of a Minister of Religion and was also charged.

Send us your feedback, news items, community sports or events, real life stories, Dear McKoy, photos and/or videos to WhatsApp 1-876-353-1389 Or Email [email protected]

Great Ads Deal – Advertise With Us

The ultimate diary of confessions.: Volume 1 Book

Related Posts

Recent Posts

The ultimate diary of confessions.: Volume 1 Book