Still No Help for One-foot Man
Jamaica News, February 9, 2018
Montego Bay, Jamaica (McKoy’s News) – No Help for One-foot Man: Lester Witter has only one leg and his appeal for a Prosthetic leg has fallen on deaf ears.
The 72-year-old who hails from Flankers in St James, lost one of his legs as a result of diabetes. For three (3) years now he has been appealing to the wider St James citizens and organizations for help but to no avail.
During his early years, he was a chef at one of our top hotels in St James. After leaving the hotel, he then went on to operate a taxi service from Downtown Mobay to Freeport, and Flankers to Downtown Montego Bay. During those days he said he assisted many citizens by being kind to them and now he needs help, there is hardly anyone to come forward.
To stay alive he has to be selling newspaper for a living. Despite having children, he said he does not depend on them.
At the moment, he is appealing for assistance to purchase a Prosthetic leg. Anyone wishing to assist Mr. Witter can contact him at 1.876.805.2983.
- Viewer Discretion Advised: Graphic Photos of Tragic Hopewell Accident
- 4 of 5 Victims in Fatal Hopewell Crash Identified
- Hanover: At Least 5 Persons Confirmed Dead in Hopewell Traffic Accident
- Hanover: Two of Five Hopewell Motor Vehicle Accident Victims
- Jordane Fletcher: Former Reggae Boy Striker Critical in Hospital after Involvement in Negril Accident