Legal Aid Council Available for Persons Arrested in State of Emergency
Jamaican News, January 24, 2018
St James, Jamaica (Mckoy’s News) – The Jamaica Legal Aid Council, jointly with the Cornwall Bar Association announced that it will be providing legal representation for persons detained under the state of public emergency that was declared on Thursday, January 18, for the parish of St James.
According to the Legal Aid Council, 19 counsels, including 6 senior lawyers, have been made available to provide representation for the detainees in St James.
Residents of St James who are in police custody may contact the office of the Montego Bay Legal Aid Clinic located at 42b Union Street, Montego Bay, St James or call 952-2183 or contact the Cornwall Bar Association at 940-1960.
A list of the lawyers who have been rostered for the state of emergency representation is also posted on the Instagram and Facebook pages of the Cornwall Bar Association.
Additional Contact Information:
Hugh Faulkner, Executive Director of the Legal Aid Council: telephone 564-6372 or 948-4861.
Stacy-Ann Young, President of the Cornwall Bar Association: telephone 940-1960 or 312-2626.
- Mavado’s Daughter Spèaks Out After Brother Gót Chàrged!!
- Mom Gunned Down Allegedly Told Son Sorry About Die
- Still no School at Anchovy Primary Following Death of 9-year-old Student
- Shenseea DlSS Her BABY Daddy On Fathers Day | FootaHype Baby Mother Says “ChiId SUPP0RT
- Shocking “Tell All” of a Montego Bay Prostitute