St Catherine: Three Men Killed, One Injured in Spanish Town Reprisal
Jamaica News, February 13, 2018
St Catherine, Jamaica (McKoy’s News) – Spanish Town Reprisal: On Sunday (February 11, 2018) morning, a shooting occurred along the busy Burke Road in Spanish Town near the police station. After the shooting, an unidentified man was found suffering from gunshot wounds. He was taken to hospital but his condition is still unknown.
Later that Sunday night, shortly after 8:00 p.m., three men were shot and killed while in a bar in the volatile community of Thompson Pen, near Spanish Town. A 10-year-old boy was also shot and injured in the same incident. All four males were taken to hospital where the three men were pronounced dead and the boy admitted.
The shooting and killing of the men is believed to have been a reprisal for the earlier shooting of the man along Burke Road.
One of the deceased has been identified as 28-yr-old André Cephas, otherwise known as ‘Specs’ of a St Catherine address. The other two men remain unidentified.
The St Catherine North police division has since recorded 30 murders since the start of the year, and are alarmed and concerned at the rate of murders in their division.
- Viewer Discretion Advised: Graphic Photos of Tragic Hopewell Accident
- Hanover: Two of Five Hopewell Motor Vehicle Accident Victims
- Jordane Fletcher: Former Reggae Boy Striker Critical in Hospital after Involvement in Negril Accident
- Muta says Tommy Lee Sparta should get “Bun-out more than the gays”
- One of Two Gunmen Fatally Shot in Westmoreland