Jamaica News, April 4, 2018 – St Andrew Man Electrocuted
St Andrew, Jamaica (McKoy’s News) – A 24-year-old man who got entangled in live electricity wires while hiking with friends in the parish of St Andrew on Sunday, April 2, died from a result of being electrocuted.
The deceased has been identified as Divya Edwards of Irish Town also in St Andrew.
Reports are that about 10:30 a.m. on Sunday, Edwards and a group of friends went on a hiking trip in Irish Town. While at a section of the area, it is reported that Edward got entangled in a cluster of electricity wire which was left by someone on the ground.
Edwards received electric shocks all over his body and was transported to hospital where he was pronounced dead.