Jamaica News, January 28, 2018
Kingston, Jamaica, (Mckoy’s News) – Olympic Gardens Fire: Police confirm that three children perished an unforgiving early Saturday morning fire that swept through two homes in the Olympic Gardens, Kingston 11.
Unconfirmed reports by residents of the area are that the fire allegedly started around 1:00 am, on Saturday, January 27, by a candle left lit to provide light in a house where the electricity was cut off by the electric company for none payment.
Someone close to the family alleges that the mother was out and the children were home asleep when the fire started.
Police said the charred remains of the children, including a twin, ages one to two years old were discovered after firefighters had put out the blaze.
The names of the children have not yet been released and both the police and the fire department are conducting investigations into the fire.