Newly Elected Old Fort Craft Market President Aims to Get More Business
Jamaica News, March 12, 2018 – Old Fort Craft Market President
Montego Bay, Jamaica (McKoy’s News) – Newly elected President of the Old Fort Craft Market in Montego Bay, Mrs. Nicola Phillips says her primary focus is now getting more business for the market.
According to Mrs. Phillips, the main cry of craft vendors at the market is that they want more business at the grounds, this she aims at making possible in the early stages of her tenure.
According to the new President, the Craft Market also needs a facelift, however, the vendors are willing to work with her and they are willing to work around that for now, if they can start seeing more tourist traffic inside the market.
Dozens of disgruntled craft vendors who operate out of the Old Fort Craft Market, hosted an Annual General Meeting last Tuesday and voted to host a controversial election against the sitting president, Mrs. Ruby Barrett, who we were told was on holidays in the USA.
The Craft vendors stated that this was the first a meeting or an election was being held since the past 15 years.
The election which lasted several hours was contested between three vendors, Nicola Phillips, Byron Chung and Donna Roadway.
Old Fort Craft Market President: Despite a low turn out in voters, the election ended with Nicola Phillips been voted in as the new President for the Market.
- Viewer Discretion Advised: Graphic Photos of Tragic Hopewell Accident
- 4 of 5 Victims in Fatal Hopewell Crash Identified
- Hanover: At Least 5 Persons Confirmed Dead in Hopewell Traffic Accident
- Hanover: Two of Five Hopewell Motor Vehicle Accident Victims
- Jordane Fletcher: Former Reggae Boy Striker Critical in Hospital after Involvement in Negril Accident