Latest Jamaica News, Montego Bay (McKoy’s News): A motorist who appears to be a Chinese national is now praising God to be alive, after he barely escaped being burnt alive when his Toyota Litehace minibus caught fire, and exploded, along a section of Reading main road, in Montego Bay, St James, on Saturday afternoon.
” I just brought some gas, and drove from the gas station right up the road,” the frightened motorist stated.
” I left the gas station and was heading towards down the road when I smell gas. I then saw fire coming from under the bus so I immediately stopped. It was then that the bus burst into flames, and I was able to jump out before it just blew up, I thank God to be alive .”
The blaze from the minivan resulted in a major traffic pile-up in both directions, as other motorist either came to a stop to catch a glimpse of the inferno, while others were just afraid to drive pass the massive blaze.
The fire department was called to the scene, but sluggish response from the fire Unit resulted in the vehicle being completely burnt out before they reached the location.