Massive Skills Training is set to kick-off in coming weeks in Good Hope and Kinowl Districts, St Elizabeth, Jamaica West Indies.
TRAINING LOCATION AND EDUCATIONAL BODY
The training is under the auspices of Joyland United Christ Community Church in Good Hope and Mt Olive National Baptist Church in Kinowl, Lavern, both in St Elizabeth in collaboration with an International Flagship Institution in the Caribbean. This institution has a proven track-record of 30 years of providing quality education in the region labeling itself as “Jamaica’s Premier Skills Training Institution in Jamaica and the Caribbean”.
A press release stated that courses will include certificates in Housekeeping Management Services, Food and Beverage Services, Events Planning, Floral Arrangement, Interior Decorating, Customer Care Management, Container Gardening and Household Worker along with diploma courses in Practical nursing, Geriatric nursing, AuPair, Home Health Aide, CareGiving, Phlebotomy Tech, Pharmacy Tech, Dental Tech and Tourism and Hospitality Management. Also included will be Summer Blast for students of Grades 10-13 who will be taught in a full-time 6-week programme in any of the courses above. Students would then receive a recession-proof course in 6-weeks in the Summer. A major feature of the fleet of programmes is the skilled worker certification course for experienced workers who have no certification. These workers include hairdresser, cosmetologist, nail tech, barber, mechanic, auto electrician, shopkeeper, farmer and all classes of construction workers. Approved assessors will certify students on the job. If the client is not working at the time of assessment, the institution will seek a venue for the assessment to be conducted. The flagship institution will also teach persons how to drive car, bus and van along with music lessons for piano and drums.
MASSIVE AND TWINNING DISCOUNTS
The administrators have informed that learners doing practical nursing will get four other nursing programmes free, those doing certificates and other health related courses will get Customer Care Management free of tuition fees. The press release stated that the organizers are taking Kinowl and Good Hope Districts by force and by storm but in a positive way.
BENEFITS TO STUDENTS/LEARNERS
– 100% in exam sitting
– day, evening and Saturday classes for your convenience
– easy weekly payment plan for all courses
– debit and credit card payment accepted
– 17-117 years-old, so age is just a number
– recession-proof careers | no machine can replace labour
– first registered practical nursing school in Jamaica
– former Principal wrote the practical nursing curriculum for MOE and GOJ
– 5 cohorts each year, February | April | June | September | November
– certificate courses are level 2
– diploma courses are level 2
– diploma students can sit US national examinations in JA through AMCA or AAH
– existing practical nurses, phlebotomy techs, pharmacy techs and dental techs can be included a Prior Learning Assessment Programme/PLAP. Having completed our short internal assessment, you can be allowed to sit the U.S. National exam
– approved Practicum sites
– 30 year-old institution with proven track record
– graduated over 4,000 students who are working all over the world
Town criers, leaflets and whatsapp messages are being circulated in the parish which have been well received by interested persons. As such, hundreds of persons requiring training in these areas are expected to gather on Saturday March 7, 2020 at the Joyland United Christ Community Church in Good Hope at 3PM and then at Mt Olive National Baptist Church, Kinowl, at 6:30PM. Organizers are optimistic that classes will begin with Orientation Exercise during the week of March 30 with classes scheduled to kick-off the week of April 6.
LOCATION OF CLASSES AND PLANS FOR OTHER AREAS
The organizers, who have been proactive, have met with the two Pastors of the Churches hosting the Information Sessions who have agreed that the Churches can retrofitted to accommodate classes. Discussions are already in place for other locations in South East and North East St Elizabeth.
“YOUR DREAMS CAN NOW BE YOUR REALITY”