Man who allegedly opened fire at Trump resort charged with attempted murder

Share on facebook
Share on twitter
Share on whatsapp
Share on facebook
Facebook
Share on twitter
Twitter
Share on whatsapp
WhatsApp

(New York Post): Man who allegedly opened fire at Trump resort charged-  A Florida man accused of opening fire last month at the Trump National Doral Golf Club was formally slapped with charges on Friday, a report said.

Jonathan Oddi, 42, was charged by the Miami-Dade State Attorney’s Office with attempted murder of law-enforcement officers, armed burglary and armed grand theft, according to the Miami Herald.

In the May 18 encounter, Oddi allegedly stormed the Miami-area resort, draped an American flag over the lobby counter and shot a gun. Authorities at the time said he also shouted what was described as “anti-Trump sentiment.”

The suspect exchanged gunfire with police and was ultimately “neutralized,” suffering multiple gunshot wounds to the legs, police said.

“This guy was ready for war, he was waiting for our officers to come in,” Miami-Dade Police Director Juan Perez previously told Miami radio station 610 WIOD.

In a statement to the Herald, Christopher DeCoste and Tara Kawass, lawyers who represent Oddi, praised law enforcement for defusing “the situation without loss of life and only minimal injury to Mr. Oddi.”

“Mr. Oddi is coming to realize exactly what happened and is extremely remorseful,” they told the Herald. “Why did this happen? Much of our work will go towards answering that question.”

Fox News’ Greg Norman, Benjamin Brown, Kathleen Joyce and The Associated Press contributed to this report.

Send us your feedback, news items, community sports or events, real life stories, Dear McKoy, photos and/or videos to WhatsApp 1-876-353-1389 Or Email [email protected]

Great Ads Deal – Advertise With Us

The ultimate diary of confessions.: Volume 1 Book

Related Posts

Recent Posts

The ultimate diary of confessions.: Volume 1 Book