Man Taken into Custody after Stabbing Female Peanut Vendor at Three Miles
Jamaica Crime News, St Andrew: The Hunts Bay Police say they will now be laying criminal charges against a man, who reportedly stabbed a female peanut vendor almost to death at Three Miles (Portia Simpson Miller Square) in St Andrew on Monday afternoon, May 14.
The police also stated that the female victim still remains at hospital in serious condition.
Reports are that shortly after 6:30 p.m. on Monday, the female peanut vendor was doing her vending in the busy peak hour at Three Miles. She was approached by the accused who engaged her in a heated conversation. During the argument, the man reportedly pulled a kitchen knife from his waistband and used it to stab the female peanut vendor to her upper body.
The wounded woman fell to the ground in a pool of blood while dozens of eyewitnesses rushed to assist her.
A team of police officers who were in the area saw the commotion and went to investigate. They were pointed in the direction of the man who was making attempts to escape and he was apprehended.
The wounded female peanut vendor was rushed to hospital where she was admitted.
By Henry Bucknor
- Viewer Discretion Advised: Graphic Photos of Tragic Hopewell Accident
- 4 of 5 Victims in Fatal Hopewell Crash Identified
- Hanover: At Least 5 Persons Confirmed Dead in Hopewell Traffic Accident
- Hanover: Two of Five Hopewell Motor Vehicle Accident Victims
- Jordane Fletcher: Former Reggae Boy Striker Critical in Hospital after Involvement in Negril Accident