Knockalva High School Student Commits Suicide by Hanging
St James, Jamaica (Mckoy’s News) – STUDENT COMMITS SUICIDE BY HANGING : the Adelphi police in St James have reported that they are now still carrying out a series of investigations to gain the reason as to what could have driven a teenage student to take her own life by hanging in the area on Tuesday night, April 25.
The dead student has been identified as Shanae Grant, 18-year-old who resides as Dumfries District but attends the Knockalva High School in Hanover.
There is now a pall of gloom surrounding the Dumfries community following the shocking discovery on Tuesday night.
Reports are that, shortly after 8:30 pm on Tuesday Shanae was at her home with her mother when the mother grew suspicious after not seeing her for while. Family members made several checks and they later stumbled upon the student’s body which was dangling from a piece of rope which was tied from the branch of a Jack Fruit tree.
The Adelphi police were summoned and upon arrival the student’s body was cut down and she was transported to the Cornwall Regional Hospital where she was pronounced dead.
Community members spoke very highly of the student who they say was well behaved and did well in school.
- Viewer Discretion Advised: Graphic Photos of Tragic Hopewell Accident
- Hanover: Two of Five Hopewell Motor Vehicle Accident Victims
- Jordane Fletcher: Former Reggae Boy Striker Critical in Hospital after Involvement in Negril Accident
- Muta says Tommy Lee Sparta should get “Bun-out more than the gays”
- One of Two Gunmen Fatally Shot in Westmoreland