Hanover Police in Search of Six Armed Motorcycle Robbers
Jamaica Crime News, Hanover: The Lucea police in the parish of Hanover say they are now in search of six armed gunmen, who on Wednesday robbed a female shopkeeper in the community of Jericho. A motorist was also shot and wounded during the incident.
Reports by the Lucea police are that shortly after 10:30 p.m. on Wednesday, May 16, the 51-year-old shopkeeper was about to close up her shop in Jericho square when six masked men rode up on three motorcycles.
The armed robbers held her at gunpoint and demanded money. They then proceeded to rob her of an amount of cash, phone cards, cigarettes, several bottles of liquor and two cellphones.
The armed robbers were about to leave the scene when the 22-year-old accountant drove pass the shop. The men opened fire on the vehicle hitting the victim to his lower body and causing damages to the vehicle.
The wounded man still managed to drive away and the police were alerted. The lawmen acted swiftly and chased the gunmen. They caught up with them at a section of the Claremont community and the armed gunmen fled the scene leaving one of the motorcycles.
By Henry Bucknor
- Viewer Discretion Advised: Graphic Photos of Tragic Hopewell Accident
- 4 of 5 Victims in Fatal Hopewell Crash Identified
- Hanover: At Least 5 Persons Confirmed Dead in Hopewell Traffic Accident
- Hanover: Two of Five Hopewell Motor Vehicle Accident Victims
- Jordane Fletcher: Former Reggae Boy Striker Critical in Hospital after Involvement in Negril Accident