Father of 3-year-old who Perished in Hanover Fire, Bail Extended 

Share on facebook
Share on twitter
Share on whatsapp
Share on facebook
Share on twitter
Share on whatsapp

Jamaica Crime News, Hanover: Neville Henry, 25-year-old father of the 3-year-old infant who perished in a fire in Jericho district, Hanover on Sunday, July 15, had his bail extended when he appeared in the Lucea Parish Court on Tuesday,  July 31.

Henry who is a recording artist, was slapped with charges of Negligence following a fire of unknown origin which claimed the life of his daughter.  He is booked to appear in Court during the first week of September.

The police say a decision was taken to charge him with Negligence following the circumstances which led to the death of his three-year-old daughter Mykelia Henry.

Reports by the Lucea police are that, shortly after 11:45 p.m. on Sunday, July 15, Henry was at home with the 3-year-old child and his other five-year-old daughter, when he decided to quickly walk to a nearby shop to purchase some snacks for them to eat.

It is further reported that upon his return, he saw fire coming from the rear section of his six apartment board and concrete structured house.  Henry ran inside the house and managed to rescue his eldest daughter, but upon his second attempt,  the flames were too much and Mykelia was burnt to death.The Jamaica music fraternity was plunged into mourning after the passing of “Carrot” formerly of world renowned group Third World.


The Fire Department was summoned and upon arrival, the house and all its contents were completely destroyed by fire and they could only manage to carry out cooling down operations. Following a search of the burnt debris, they managed to remove the charred remains of the baby girl.

Our news team caught up with both parents of the dead child, Neville Henry, father and his common-law wife Jahnele Campbell. Both parents were traumatized by their daughter’s demise and wept openly.

Henry told our news team that he was at home in Jericho District with his two daughters watching the World Cup final match when he left for a short while to purchase items at a shop for the girls.

He stated that upon his return he was standing close to his gate talking to a friend when he saw the eldest child running from the house and saying it was on fire.  According to the broken-hearted father, he immediately ran inside the house and saw fire coming from a rear room.  He then attempted to go inside the room to rescue Mykelia but the entire room was consumed by the flames.

Superintendent in Charge of Hanover, Sharon BePut, told our news team that following an investigation by the police and investigators from the fire Department Henry was charged on Sunday afternoon.

Superintendent further stated that the police sympathized with the family and also feels their pain but the law has to take its course and based on the findings at the scene it was decided upon to charged the father.

Send us your feedback, news items, community sports or events, real life stories, Dear McKoy, photos and/or videos to WhatsApp 1-876-353-1389 Or Email [email protected]

Great Ads Deal – Advertise With Us

The ultimate diary of confessions.: Volume 1 Book

Related Posts

Recent Posts

The ultimate diary of confessions.: Volume 1 Book