December 25, 2017 – Mckoy’s News (Jamaican News)
St Thomas, Jamaica – Christmas Eve Explosion: An explosive fire last night at a St Thomas home claimed the lives of two persons, including a five year old boy.
Reports are that the 5-year-old boy and a man returned from a nearby shop some minutes after 9 p.m., then an explosion was heard and a gulf of fire was seen coming from the four apartment board house in the community of Middleton, St Thomas.
Neighbours rushed to the home, but was faced with raging file that blasted through the house, tapping the boy and the man inside.
One unit from Morant Bay fire station responded, who managed to control the fire that destroyed the house.
The charred remains of the man and the child were found.
We learnt that the mother of the boy fainted at the scene and was rushed to the hospital, and has been admitted.
The explosion and fire is suspected to have been caused by an electrical short circuit.
An investigation into the explosion is being carried out.