Five men, wanted for serious crimes within the Corporate Area, are now in custody.
The JCF says this follows the launch of a new Police/Military crime-fighting initiative on Wednesday, September 23.
The initiative has been geared towards targeting gangs and major crime syndicates across the island.
In custody are:
• Ian Sommerville, otherwise called ‘Buju’, who was wanted for the murder of Jerome Harris on June 30, 2019.
• Sean Williams, who was wanted for the double murder of Delroy Small and Desmond Chambers, as well as a shooting Kingston West.
• Avanash Bryson, who was wanted for a shooting in Kingston West.
• Francois Morris, otherwise called ‘Cruz’, who was wanted for a shooting in Kingston West.
• Nakata Leslie, otherwise called ‘Frilly Q’, who was wanted for a shooting in Kingston West.
A statement from the police said the combined efforts of the security forces will continue to see the dismantling of criminal gangs in the Corporate area and wider Jamaica.