You are here
Three Houses Gutted by Separate Fires in Hanover less than 24-Hrs

Three Houses Gutted by Separate Fires in Hanover less than 24-Hrs

Hanover, Jamaica (McN) – Three families were left homeless following three separate fires in Hanover, which grazed through their homes in Green Island during Monday night into Tuesday morning.

Several angry residents from Santoy, Hanover are now lashing out at the Jamaica Public Service Company (JPS). The residents say all three fires were believed to have been cause by the JPS faulty wires and electrical malfunction.

The first concrete and board structured house which is owned by Mr Stafford Morris and his wife was seen
on fire about 6:30 pm on Monday; while the second and third dwelling were discovered on fire about 4:00 am on Tuesday morning.

Three units from the Lucea Fire Department traveled to the area, and managed to put out the blaze on all three

Two of the houses were combined concrete and board structured. The third house was of single board structure. The families mentioned that they lost all their personal belongings in the fire, as their homes were burnt to the ground.

Councilor for the Green Island Division Marvel Sewell stated that he is now calling on the Jamaica Public Service to come to the area immediately. He Sewell beckons the JPS to address this grave problem; before more houses are destroyed by fire or fatality occur due to the damaged electric wires.

(Visited 85 times, 1 visits today)

Jamaican News Website

Advertise with us!!

Let us create your own page on our website to promote your products or services with multiple photos, contact information and details about your business. Reach thousands of potential customers daily. Call/whatsapp at 1.876.353.1389 or email us at

Click the following link browse our categories.


Related Posts


Follow this blog

Get every new post delivered right to your inbox.

Email address

Name (*)


WordPress Backup